Posted on 01/21/2010 at 2:45 pm by Andrew
Use this method if you have your iPhone or iPod Touch synced to your iTunes. Otherwise, use iPhone Configuration Utility
What you'll need:
- .zip file containing a .mobileprovision file and a .app file.
- The iPhone or iPod Touch whose Identifier (UDID) you sent us.
- The computer with iTunes you have synced with your iPhone or iPod Touch.
- Unzip the file containing the .mobileprovision file and the .app file (on Mac) or .app folder (on Windows).
- Drag-and-drop the .mobileprovision file onto Library -> Applications area in iTunes.
- Sync your phone with your iTunes. After syncing, if you go to Settings -> General and scroll down you will find Profiles. Verify the profile for the app is listed.
- Drag-and-drop the .app file (for Mac) or folder (for Windows) onto Library -> Applications area in iTunes.
- Verify that the app appears in the Applications area. If you have a previous version of the app installed it will ask if you want to replace it. Select "Replace".
- Select your iPhone or iPod Touch in iTunes under Devices.
- Go to the Applications tab and make sure the new application is checked.
- Sync your device to install the app on your phone.
- The app should appear on your device after the sync has finished.